96% recommended see reviews >
Rollover to enlarge
eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible
Earn eBags Reward points on every order! Each Rewards Club point converts to a $1.00 back to spend on future purchases. To join, just use a password during checkout to create your account.
When will this product arrive at my door?
- True to the Mother Lode TLS series, there are a number of innovative interior and exterior features:
- Adjustable laptop storage in a convertible! Discretely placed at the very top of the bag, the eBags Laptop Sling (patent-pending) cradles your laptop between a thick back-foam panel and the contents of the bag
- Will your laptop fit? If your laptop’s middle dimension (width) is no more than 11.75”, and the longest dimension (length) is between 10.0” and 19.0”, the Laptop Sling will adjust for a perfect fit
- Adjust the height to place your laptop in the most ideal vertical location based on what you packed and what feels good on your back
- Adjust it once – snap it in/out quickly. Your clothing provides protection on the bottom/sides/top. A separate lining panel makes it easy to re-insert into a packed bag after going through airport screening
- Click here to see an animation of the Laptop Sling in action
- Fold-down shelf in the main packing compartment splits the space in half and reduces the shifting of contents to the bottom. If you don’t want to use it, un-snap it and fold it down
- An unusual double-zip “U” shaped front compartment features a travel organizer Pen pocket, phone pocket, medium and large zippered pockets, zippered mesh pocket, and an extra-long key leash
- Internal tie-down straps in the main compartment are generous in length and adjust from "high" to "low" cinch positions, letting you pack in layers
- When clipped into the “high” position, they function as internal compression straps pulling down on the TOP of your clothes as well as the side gussets. When clipped “low”, they pull from the bottom edges
- Snap-out zippered mini-pocket at the top of the compartment
- Zippered mesh panel inside the lid of the main compartment helps to divide and organize
- Interior main compartment measures 21.5" high, 5.5" deep, and has a tapered width from 13” to 14” – for a less boxy, more elegant look not found in the typical convertible
- The front compartment is the full height/width of the main compartment, with depths ranging from 5” to around 3”
- Like the TLS Wheeled Duffels, there is a zippered "forehead" pocket with a floating lining. You choose where to pack things. In the pocket, or in the front compartment – the lining will shift without any loss of total packing capacity
- Vertical zippered front face pocket is perfect for boarding passes and will not “walk open” no matter how long your journey
- A discrete water bottle pocket stores inside a zippered pocket, for better checked-baggage durability
- Hidden inside the zippered pouch pocket is the TLS ID pocket. Never worry about loosing a luggage tag
- Four exterior compression straps are carefully placed to provide maximum compression and reduced stress on the zippers. A partially packed bag benefits equally, preventing the contents from sloshing around
- Hide-away contoured backpack straps are generously padded with Airmesh and feature a fully adjustable/removable sternum strap system
- Full expansion zipper when you need extra volume - adds over 10 percent
- Accessory loops are well placed, and the shoulder strap webbing is easily adjusted with a tug on the thumb-loop speed-cinch webbing
- Self-repairing YKK® coil zippers use double sliders on almost all openings. Some have pullers that use photo-reflective sport cords for nighttime safety
- Lockable D-rings on primary zippers discourage tampering and keep luggage locks in a consistent location
- Three padded grab handles (top, bottom, side) for safe lifting from trunks and overhead compartments, and from beneath a seat
- Adjustable/removable well-padded shoulder strap
- High-visibility 210D orange nylon lining makes finding your stuff a lot easier
- Simple, effective, removable waist belt
- Total weight of bag only (without additional straps) is 3 lbs. 11.2 oz.
- 840D Twisted Filament Polyester exterior
- All YKK buckles
Detailed Product Description
Quite possibly the last Travel Pack you may ever need, this Carry-on Convertible is loaded with smart features; If your laptop's middle dimension (width) is no more than 11.75", and the longest dimension (length) is between 10.0" and 19.0", the Laptop Sling will adjust for a perfect fit, expandable compartment, contoured Airmesh backpack straps, travel organizer, fold down shelf, the list goes on and on - and at 3.7 lbs, it's amazingly light weight.
Bernard Majeau, Director, Product Development
+ Show More
Will this bag fit my laptop?Enter your laptop model >
Size Guide: Travel Backpacks
We'll help you choose the right travel backpack for your trip length and packing style. Our size ranges are based on the capacity of the item.
SmallSized for carry-on compliance on overnight trips. Clothes, 3-1-1 kit, books, note pads, iPad.
MediumSized for carry-on compliance, 1-3 day trips. Clothing, shoes, books, 3-1-1 kit, travel pillow/blanket, iPad.
LargeSized for 3-5 day trips with clothing, shoes, toiletries, gear. Usually not carry-on compliant.
X-LargeSized for 5 day+ trips, with a large amount of clothes, toiletries, shoes, gear. Not carry-on compliant.
Best of the Best
An item achieves "Best of the Best" distinction when eBags customers give it exceptionally high marks in their post-purchase reviews. In order for an item to be "Best of the Best," it must meet the following criteria:
- The overall rating must be 4.5 out of 5 stars or better.
- 90% or more of customers must say they would recommend it.