eBags Mother Lode TLS Weekender Convertible
Rollover to enlarge
- Meet the ultimate carry-on travel backpack - with all the organizational details to help you keep track of everything you pack. We've thought of of it all, even a place for your laptop. This truly is the solution to one bag travel.
- Interior main compartment measures 21.5" high, 5.5" deep, and has a tapered width from 13” to 14” – for a less boxy look not found in the typical convertible bag. You can pack a lot in this compartment - it's like a suitcase! The front compartment is the full height/width of the main compartment, with depths ranging from 3 to 5 inches. There's also a full expansion zipper when you need extra volume which adds over 10 percent (for all those treasures you pick up along on your journey).
- If your laptop’s middle dimension (width) is no more than 11.75”, and the longest dimension (length) is between 10.0” and 19.0”, the Laptop Sling will adjust for a perfect fit. Discretely placed at the very top of the bag, the eBags Laptop Sling (patent-pending) cradles your laptop between a thick back-foam panel and the contents of the bag (we recommend you put clothes here).
- Click here to see an animation of the Laptop Sling in action
- Zippered mesh panel inside the lid of the main compartment helps to divide and organize - many of our customers place dirty clothes in this compartment to keep them separated from the clean ones
- Fold-down shelf in the main packing compartment splits the space in half and reduces the shifting of contents to the bottom. If you don’t want to use it, un-snap it and fold it down.
- Internal tie-down straps in the main compartment are generous in length and adjust from "high" to "low" cinch positions, keeping contents from shifting.
- When clipped into the “high” position, they function as internal compression straps pulling down on the TOP of your clothes as well as the side gussets which prevents clothes from getting excessively wrinkled. When clipped “low”, they pull from the bottom edges should you wish to secure something underneath clothing.
- Snap-out zippered mini-pocket at the top of the compartment which helps keep small items separated and easily accessible so you can keep on person
- Zippered "forehead" pocket is a convenient place to store 3oz liquids for easy access at Security.
- Vertical zippered front face pocket is perfect for boarding passes and will not “walk open” no matter how long your journey
- The double-zip “U” shaped front compartment features a travel organizer pen pocket, phone pocket, medium and large zippered pockets, zippered mesh pocket, and an extra-long key leash.
- A discrete water bottle pocket stores inside a zippered pocket, for better checked-baggage durability.
- Hidden inside the zippered pouch pocket is the TLS ID pocket so you never need to worry about loosing a luggage tag.
- Four exterior compression straps are carefully placed to provide maximum compression and reduced stress on the zippers. So when you start your journey with a partially packed bag you can preventing the contents from sloshing around.
- Hide-away contoured backpack straps are generously padded with Airmesh and feature a fully adjustable/removable sternum strap system - so you can carry it comfortable as a backpack or convert it into a suitcase. We've included a shoulder strap so you can carry it as a duffel.
- Accessory loops are well placed, and the shoulder strap webbing is easily adjusted with a tug on the thumb-loop speed-cinch webbing.
- Self-repairing YKK® coil zippers use double sliders on almost all openings. Some have pullers that use photo-reflective sport cords for nighttime safety.
- Lockable D-rings on primary zippers discourage tampering and keep luggage locks in a consistent location.
- Three padded grab handles (top, bottom, side) for safe lifting from trunks and overhead compartments, and from beneath a seat.
- Adjustable/removable well-padded shoulder strap so you can carry the bag like a duffel/suitcase instead of a backpack.
- High-visibility 210D orange nylon lining makes finding your stuff a lot easier
- Simple, effective, removable waist belt
- Total weight of bag only (without additional straps) is 3 lbs. 11.2 oz.
- 840D Twisted Filament Polyester exterior
- All YKK buckles
Detailed Product Description
Quite possibly the last Travel Pack you may ever need, this Carry-on Convertible is loaded with smart features; If your laptop's middle dimension (width) is no more than 11.75", and the longest dimension (length) is between 10.0" and 19.0", the Laptop Sling will adjust for a perfect fit, expandable compartment, contoured Airmesh backpack straps, travel organizer, fold down shelf, the list goes on and on - and at 3.7 lbs, it's amazingly light weight.
Bernard Majeau, Director, Product Development
+ Show More
Will this bag fit my laptop?Enter your laptop model >
Size Guide: Travel Backpacks
We'll help you choose the right travel backpack for your trip length and packing style. Our size ranges are based on the capacity of the item.
SmallSized for carry-on compliance on overnight trips. Clothes, 3-1-1 kit, books, note pads, iPad.
MediumSized for carry-on compliance, 1-3 day trips. Clothing, shoes, books, 3-1-1 kit, travel pillow/blanket, iPad.
LargeSized for 3-5 day trips with clothing, shoes, toiletries, gear. Usually not carry-on compliant.
X-LargeSized for 5 day+ trips, with a large amount of clothes, toiletries, shoes, gear. Not carry-on compliant.
Best of the Best
An item achieves "Best of the Best" distinction when eBags customers give it exceptionally high marks in their post-purchase reviews. In order for an item to be "Best of the Best," it must meet the following criteria:
- The overall rating must be 4.5 out of 5 stars or better.
- 90% or more of customers must say they would recommend it.