Tough 3D airmesh covering fabric provides climate control and supports Deuter’s excellent Aircontact Ventilation System
Two-way zip on the front allows direct access to well-buried items, even when the lid is closed
Lid pocket, valuables pocket inside and two kinds of side pocket (zipped and mesh) provide a variety of stowing solutions
Valuables pocket on hip belt
Ice axe and hiking pole loops
Anatomically formed 3D airmesh shoulder straps with load transfer straps
Detailed Product Description
Accented with a flower, this sporty backpack offers rugged style with a touch of feminine charm. The Deuter ACT Trail 28 SL Hiking Backpack is made from micro-rip nylon and super-polytex fabric and features a large shape and a women's specific design with anatomically formed 3D airmesh shoulder straps and an Aircontact ventilation system for added comfort. Detailed with a lid pocket, a valuables pocket, and mesh and zipper side pockets, this backpack is perfect for day hikes and all types of casual travel. The roomy main compartment offers plenty of storage for bulky gear while ice axe and hiking pole loops provide convenient storage for must-have outdoor items.
Show MoreShow Less
An item achieves "Best of the Best" distinction when eBags customers give it exceptionally high marks in their post-purchase reviews. In order for an item to be "Best of the Best," it must meet the following criteria:
The overall rating must be 4.5 out of 5 stars or better.
90% or more of customers must say they would recommend it.
"I took the previous version of this backpack on a 4-day Inca Trail trek and loved it. This new version has many of the same features so I thought I'd add a few of my thoughts for those who are on the fence.
1) The raincover was extremely convenient - I wouldn't go on a backpacking trip without one!
2) The turquoise color is brilliant and beautiful
3) There are lots of adjustments that help settle a heavier load on the hips and makes it comfortable to carry over 8+ hour hikes.
4) I love the suitcase-like access to easily get to things near the bottom of the pack - other people on the trek also commented on how convenient it is to have both loading methods in one pack.
5) The zipped side pocket is handy to quickly access a map, sunblock, etc.
6) The hood has two pockets! One on top and a hidden one inside that keeps valuables hidden.
7) The backpack made it through a grimy, rainy, muddy 4-day hike and all I did was wipe away the dirt with moist towels. Still looks like new!
1) I would like to have more pockets but you can use pouches to organize.
2) The water bottle pocket is a bit shallow for my 20 oz bottle. I'd like to have a deeper pocket so I don't worry about the bottle falling out. However, I mainly used a 3L bladder fits nicely inside the interior pouch. I'd recommend adding a carabiner to clip the bottle to the bag.
3) The weight of the empty bag should be a consideration. This was my first backpacking bag so it felt heavier for me due to the back support material.
It is taller than a standard backpack so it would be overkill for a short day hike but I'd recommend this for more technical backpacking or weekend trips. Did I say the turquoise color was beautiful?"
For what types of Journeys and Adventures do you think this product works best?
Adventure Travel, Beach Vacation, Camping, Day Trip, Family Travel, Holiday Travel, Long Trip, Road Trip, Weekend Trip